*Star Sapphire*~ Yva Yolan & Ydmzihar

Yva Yolan & Adam Zear (Ydmzihar) ~A Match Made in Heaven~

Sunday, March 26, 2006

I'm Back!

Hello dear friends!!
I haven't been writing for a long long time! I know ever since 2005 Feb. It was due to my friends AGWENALIST's (Yes her blog is back are you ppl excited or what?!) and Helen's(this one just too busy or lazy to blog lol) blogs! If you are interested in reading what their blogs are all about please remember to click on the links that I have posted on the right hand side. =)

When I stopped writing my blog, so many things happened.
Let's recap shall we?

1. I quitted my job at DPI Communications. The one where I worked with Val in the print shop. I guess part of the reason why I didn't write the blog anymore is because I worked late almost everytime. Val and I have so much pent up frustrations in us that after work, we will scurry off to TCC or Sushi Don to gossip about the 2 bosses there and we will eat and spend money on coffee and stuff.

2. After I quitted, I was jobless for a good 1-2 months before I landed myself in an admin job that required me to key in data for Nestle cereal contest. I got the job because of Cheryl! Would like to thank her for informing me about the job because if there is no her, I wouldn't be in the company! That company is CCNP which stands for Creative Concepts and Promotions. Oh man! I have sooooooo much fun in the company! It's one of the company which really helps me rebuild my confidence! After going through so many companies, there are not much companies which helped me get through and really understand what I'm going through.

Let me explain the first day I step into CCNP. I thought "WHAT A MESS!". How come Mat and Cheryl will work in such place!? And the work place happened to be around Little India! With all the Ungus Dungus around! And the cars and people, I don't even want to mention... first the people there just cross without looking the multiple junctions there... and needless to say the cars there just want to ram you across! Crossing road there is like a very difficult task. I must say I didn't have a good impression of CCNP.

It helps that CCNP have Mr Mathathir, Iswadi(a.k.a Iszy) and Cheryl. Initially I was just an admin girl. I must tell you it isn't an easy job having to open truck loads of envelopes everyday, keying in so many data. I even go all out to Woodlands to deliver the prizes to the parents! I must admit that I really treated my admin job seriously even though it is not what I can say that will help me with my future prospects. But the end results were really good. Response for the contest is very nice and Nestle are pleased with CCNP. Well I am pleased too =)

I'm happy because I did my part well for CCNP. Partly is because I really love the people there... so I don't mind sacrifice little time for them. All these doesn't just come smoothly of course, along the way I got some hiccups too esp some indian guy(whose name isn't worth mentioned on my blog of course!) who thinks just because he is a consumer and a lawyer, he can get whatever he wants.

During the data entry period, I did some graphic design work and surprisingly, it was my dedication on the data entry job that the boss wanted to take me in as their 4th graphic designer. At first the female boss just want me to help out with them for their graphic design. Later on they want to hire me as full time.

I was quite hesistant of whether to accept the job or reject it. Firstly it's not what I want to do and it's graphics... which I kind of don't like... . Otherwise, the people there are really fun to be with! The boss is very kind at times... when she isn't moody that is hehe...
Here is a picture of CCNP. Basically CCNP consist less than 10 people, though it's small, we are all close knitted.


Front (left to right): Mahathir, Iswadi.
Behind (left to right): Me, Dawn, Natalie, Grace.


The photo was taken during Dec when we all have the Narnia The Chronicles movie event so we were all there to help out! While I was there, I absolutely did nothing of any sorts lol. Well well well what can I say about them? Hmm... I shall make it a brief one for each introduction!

Mahathir and Iszy are the big brothers of the studio in the company! They are really good designers! Whenever I am not sure of anything like the software I will ask them. Besides being nice, Mahathir and Iszy loves to bicker with each other, always teasing each other with their "butt" and "nipples" jokes... And Mahathir always like to comment on Iszy's fashion sense like "Did you tailor made your clothes at Hannifah Textiles?"

Dawn, Nat and Grace are the AEs a.k.a account exes! They are really nice people, funny too! ^^
Our boss which is not in the picture is Marina. She comes a long way back where she worked in Saatchi & Saatchi as AE. She is a peranakan. =)
Dawn is really like the "big sister" role, and she is the one who will voice out if she is not happy. She has leadership qualities in her and will have your attention when she is telling you an account she exp or some funny stories.
Nat's character is somewhat like Dawn and she is very sensible in her thinking! Grace is the cool one among them, who don't panic if she screws up or whatever =)

Nat and Dawn have left the company quite long ago. Grace, Mat and Iszy are still there... and CCNP has moved to Aljunied!!! It's quite a big difference and the office is definitely better looking than in Little India =)

I'm very thankful to them for taking care of me and I really enjoyed my time there... It'll always be the best part of my working life =) Now that we are all separated, we still come out and meet up to talk cock.

I'll continue on my next blog on my next company call SS Singapore! Tune in next time! =D

2 Comments:

Blogger a.Gwenalist said...

great that u have ur blog back!!! and since u are the blog boss, i exPect more blogs from u! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Day Dreamer said...

Eh Blog Boss is not me! I'm Bottle Top Bill LOL.. Blog Boss is a third person! Hehehehe =p Ok tonight I will blog another one on shoes!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home