*Star Sapphire*~ Yva Yolan & Ydmzihar

Yva Yolan & Adam Zear (Ydmzihar) ~A Match Made in Heaven~

Friday, April 07, 2006

Kindred: The Embraced

Hurrrrrrray!!! Finally my Kindred: The Embraced dvd has safely arrived! My preciiiiousssssssssssss.... Hehehehe! Luckily the postman send it to my residence on Thursday which is my momsy off day! =D

It's a short-lived drama series, one of the executive producer is Aaron Spelling... The story is derived from a book call The Masquerade or something like that. It's about different clans of vampires and also a prince to rule them all.. They call their leader prince... I dunno why.

I remember while I was young(which is like 13 years old? Now 11 years difference) I watched the show as if it was very interesting. Now that I watched it on dvd again, I find that the storyline sucks!! I think is because of Aaron Spelling... trying to mix abit of Beverly Hills inside?? Cos the supporting female character and the prince fell in love too early, I was like what the hell happened between them that they suddenly kiss and all... it's absurd!

But after 11 years have passed, I still like the main actor, that is the prince... he is still as charming as ever.. or maybe my taste remain quite the same. His name in the show is Julian Luna and his real name is Mark Frankel who died in a motorcycle accident. He was riding on the motorbike... This remind me of an incident which happened after I got to know that he passed away not long after...

One day while i'm still a 13 year old teenager, I was reading 8 Days and was reading on the letters and comments page which is rather front... There was this letter asking how come Kindred: The Embraced is being cut off suddenly and there weren't anymore shows on it? The reply was: It didn't have high rating on the TV list over at US plus the actor Mark Frankel died in an accident. When they announced the news, his death was only like 1-2 days old.
The moment I read that, I immediately became so shocked! And then tears started to pour out of my eyes...I cried rather painfully, my heart was in pain! No kidding... I'm not pulling things out of proportions here... Then... when i listen to any sad songs... I cried cos it remind me of him.
I forgotten when did I has that dream, on the day I found out he passed away or maybe 1-2 days after I knew. I had this dream, whereby I was invited to this gothic castle and I'm being led to the dinning room where they have long long tables. I was being seated just beside the so-called "president seat" at the front. There were candles alot of them around all on some nice victorian style candle stands, everything emitting this warm cozy color...on the table, there are food and all, it was like an invitation for me to have a feast or something! And there on the "president seat" sat the prince! Julian Luna!!! Mark Frankel!!! I was awe stricken and at the same time happy... He didn't say a word but just give me a warm smile. He seems to tell me that he is ok now and I shouldn't be too sad for him. And then my dream ended.

I didn't really think of him when I went to sleep... Maybe it was due to my grief and desire that I dreamt of him. I told one of my colleagues, AV, he said higher chance that he came and "visit" me as he didn't died too long ago. And also because of the grief he could feel from me, he could project his "yi nian" even to faraway places like Singapore. Plus when I was in the dream with him, he didn't even say a word, AV said that mostly the dead "visit" you, they normally won't speak a word. And also I am not his relatives or friends yet I felt such sadness for him was more of the reason that he visit me. If he really came by and visit me, I'm really flattered and happy. And also I think his invitation for me to have a big feast is his way to say his final good bye to me. I know i'm being silly and illogical and superstitious and etc etc... But.. I choose to believe the latter theory. =(

Ok anyway here is the cover of the Dvd!!



Here is a picture of Julian and a cop-turned-ally in the show...


(top: Julian bottom: Frank the cop.)

3-4 years ago while I was working in Soundbuzz with agwenalist, we like to visit forums and talk... you can put avatar on the forum so I put Julian and I remember dunno who, agwen, helen or zen commented that Julian look like an Indian or Suds right? LOL... But well maybe a little.. cos of his huge eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home